These chocolate peppermint truffles are to die for! Seriously. So, So GOOOOOOD. And without ANY added sugar! It really doesn’t get much better than this. Actually, it DOES get better than this. Because these babies only take 20 minutes to make! So you can make these even when you’re pressed for time :).
These are great refined sugar-free treats that satisfy your sweet tooth without fueling cravings and these are absolutely appropriate for any occasion .Do we really need an excuse to eat refined sugar-free chocolates? I think not. Oh, and did I mention these are absolutely mind blowing delicious? Sweetened with dates, you’re getting all the nutrients from the dates and a lot of fibre too. The only drawback? You might be getting a few hundred extra calories when you make these because you won’t be able to stop at just one. So my only two cents is to make these only when you’ve been very good the entire week and want a nice little treat. And make only one batch and SHARE with everyone around you. That way you won’t be able to eat too many yourself ;).
Without further ado, let’s get started, shall we?
- 1 cup Pitted Dates (packed)
- 3 cups Water (just boiled)
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 3 tbsps. Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Organic Dark Chocolate Chips (unsweetened)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (large flakes, for topping)
- Add the dates to a medium-sized bowl and cover with just-boiled hot water. Let them sit for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the dates and add to a blender or food processor along with cocoa powder, peppermint extract and coconut oil. Process until the mixture comes together.
- Remove the chocolate mixture and scoop into rough teaspoon-sized balls. Don’t roll them with your hands just yet as they will be too oily. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and put them in the freezer to set for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips and microwave on high for 30 to 45-second intervals until melted. Stir with a spoon to fully combine.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer and use your hands to smooth them into balls. Take each ball and roll into melted chocolate with a spoon and then place them back on the baking sheet. Top with flaky sea salt and let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes to set or place in the fridge to set faster. Enjoy!
Did you try this recipe? Let me know!