By now it’s probably also clear that we need a healthy diet and lifestyle not only to have stronger immune systems but also to help reduce our risk of comorbidities. The healthier we are, the better we can to fight off viruses and infections, and the sooner we are able to recover (if we do get sick).
To summarize, you can help support your immune system by doing the following things:
- Eat nutrient-dense whole foods
- Avoid junk food, smoking and drinking (to keep your liver and lungs functioning efficiently)
- Eat several servings of fruits and vegetables
- Moderate physical exercise at least 5 days a week
- Avoid stress and practise stress management.
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours a day.