Whole grain Veggie Pizza
Yes, pizza can be healthy too! This yummy pizza is full of fibre (and flavour) and rich in antioxidants, and super simple to make. Let’s get started 🙂
What you’ll need:
- Whole grain pizza base (or whole grain pita bread, 2 tbsp. tomato sauce or puree)
- 2 cups button mushrooms, diced
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning (or any spices of choice)
- Salt to taste*
- 150 grams grated mozzarella cheese
- Optional extras to increase the antioxidant value – 1 tbsp. peppercorn (or ground pepper), 1 teaspoon turmeric, half an onion, thinly sliced, 1 tbsp. dried oregano leaves
*be mindful of the spices you use, as they may sometimes contain salt, in which case you may not need to add salt.
Let’s get cooking:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a pan, heat the oil and sauté the mushrooms and peppercorns.
- Add the turmeric and Cajun.
- Add the diced bell peppers at the end (to retain their crunch).
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- Spread the tomato sauce provided with pizza base (or add your own if using pita bread)
- Add sautéed mushrooms and bell peppers
- Sprinkle more seasoning if desired
- Add the grated mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (6 minutes if using pita bread).